P0
Posted By
paintballer_09
Dec 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
when i try and open photoshop 7.0 it says "the application or dll c:\programfiles\adobe\photoshop 7.0\psviews.dd is not a valid windows image. please check this against your installation disketee." then another window comes up and says "load psviews.dll: unknown error." please help me! very frusterated!! or better if you have the answer could u email me plz to

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
LenHewitt
Dec 25, 2003
Suggest you uninstall via C/Panel add/remove programs, delete the whole of the PSCS folder tree and then re-install
P0
paintballer_09
Jan 1, 2004
still doing the same thing after i uninstalled and reinstalled
L
LenHewitt
Jan 2, 2004
Have you tried applying the 7.01 patch?

Have you tried deleting your prefs file? – Details in the FAQ at the top of this forum’s Topic List
P0
paintballer_09
Jan 2, 2004
tried to download the patch but it says "The Adobe Photoshop 7.0.1 update program cannot find adobe photoshop 7.0 in C:\Programs\Adobep\photoshop 7.0 please attempt to locate adobe photoshop 7.0 again or cancel the update and install adobe photoshop 7.0 from the origional disks or CD."

And for the pref files i tried doing th ctrl+alt+shift thing in photoshop but it dont work the same thing just pops up, but it works for image ready but i wanna you image ready i need photoshop. Then i tried to find my pref files it said to go to Adobe Photoshop CS Prefs.psp in the
Documents and Settings\[user profile]\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder. i went there but i got to Documents and Settings\[user profile]\Application Data\Adobe but then i couldnt find photoshop in there. Please help me!
L
LenHewitt
Jan 2, 2004
it says "The Adobe Photoshop 7.0.1 update program cannot find adobe
photoshop <<

That’s also covered in the FAQ – you will need to call Adobe

i tried to find my pref files it said to go to Adobe Photoshop CS
Prefs.psp in the..<<

I thought you had Photoshop 7.0??? That is for Photoshop CS (aka Photoshop
8) although the 7.0 .prefs file is in almost the same location:

%system%:\Documents and Settings\~username\Application
Data\Adobe\Photoshop\7.0\Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Settings\Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Prefs.psp

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections