Posted By
Michael Karkowski
Feb 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I need to manipulate a few old photos, replace backgrounds, etc.

The problem is, it is very time consuming to select a sky, for example, when there are trees in the photo and you have to go in and try to select areas in between leaves, etc. I need something that will create a blue screen type of effect where I don’t have to literally select individual pixels in small, tight spaces.

Is there a good program that has a magic wand type of tool that will work better than photoshop and paint shop?
I seem to remember seeing something a while back, but cannot remember its name.

I am currently using the magic wand tool with adjuting the tolerence settings, and also splitting color channels to create masks. I thought I saw a program that would
do this well. I think it had an example of a girl with long hair, and the tool cut around her silhouette and did a pretty good job around her hair, too.

It looked pretty impressive, but I didn’t bookmark it and cannot for the life of me find it on a google search.

Any help (asap of course) would be appreciated.

Mike

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

L
Les
Feb 12, 2004
"Michael Karkowski" wrote in message
Hello,

The problem is, it is very time consuming to select a sky, for example,
when
there are trees in the photo and you have to go in and try to select areas in between leaves, etc. I need something that will create a blue screen
type
of effect where I don’t have to literally select individual pixels in
small,
tight spaces.

Is there a good program that has a magic wand type of tool that will work better than photoshop and paint shop?

I am currently using the magic wand tool with adjuting the tolerence settings, and also splitting color channels to create masks. I thought I
saw
a program that would
do this well. I think it had an example of a girl with long hair, and the tool cut around her silhouette and did a pretty good job around her hair, too.

It looked pretty impressive, but I didn’t bookmark it and cannot for the life of me find it on a google search.

Mike

Try this link – might help
http://www.dcmag.co.uk/news/article/mps/UAN/129/v/2/sp/

failing that – have you tried selecting the sky with the magic wand as best you can – then do a select/similar
Les.
QO
Queen of Denial
Feb 12, 2004
Color range combined with the background eraser should do the job for you in Photoshop.
"Michael Karkowski" wrote in message
Hello,

The problem is, it is very time consuming to select a sky, for example,
when
there are trees in the photo and you have to go in and try to select areas in between leaves, etc. I need something that will create a blue screen
type
of effect where I don’t have to literally select individual pixels in
small,
tight spaces.

I am currently using the magic wand tool with adjuting the tolerence settings, and also splitting color channels to create masks. I thought I
saw
a program that would

Mike

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections