TM
Posted By
Tony Muller
Jun 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently upgraded to CS 8.0 on a Mac running OX X 10.3.9. Why is it that when I save a PS file, the target folder is NOT the same one I saved to previously?

I edit & save a bunch of ‘like’ photos and want them all in the same folder. In previous versions, I would navigate to (or create) a particular folder, and save the first document. Any subsequent saved documents would automatically go to the _same_ folder I just used. With this version, I have to navigate BACK to the folder I want, for EACH ‘saved’ document – it’s a lot of extra work. (OK, it’s not _that_ bad, but it’s certainly inconvenient!)

What I need is the for the Open/Save dialog box to go to the previously used location. There MUST be a setting or something I’m missing. I’d really appreciate any help from the "pros" frequenting this group!

TIA,
Tony

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

N
nomail
Jun 26, 2005
Tony Muller wrote:

I recently upgraded to CS 8.0 on a Mac running OX X 10.3.9. Why is it that when I save a PS file, the target folder is NOT the same one I saved to previously?

I edit & save a bunch of ‘like’ photos and want them all in the same folder. In previous versions, I would navigate to (or create) a particular folder, and save the first document. Any subsequent saved documents would automatically go to the _same_ folder I just used. With this version, I have to navigate BACK to the folder I want, for EACH ‘saved’ document – it’s a lot of extra work. (OK, it’s not _that_ bad, but it’s certainly inconvenient!)

What I need is the for the Open/Save dialog box to go to the previously used location. There MUST be a setting or something I’m missing. I’d really appreciate any help from the "pros" frequenting this group!

I don’t think there is such a setting. You can use ‘Default Folder’ to let Open and Save dialogs behave like that.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
TM
Tony Muller
Jun 28, 2005
In article <1gysdkb.km6evtbbmpveN%>,
(Johan W. Elzenga) wrote:

Tony Muller wrote:

I don’t think there is such a setting. You can use ‘Default Folder’ to let Open and Save dialogs behave like that.

Wierd… prior to CS 8.0, I used version 5.5. In 5.5, saving automatically defaulted to the previously ‘saved to’ folder. It’s not a _big_ deal, but it IS a few extra mouse/keyboard clicks. What’s worse, if i forget to navigate to the proper folder, the file’s "lost", and I have to go FIND it, the re-locate it…. which IS a hassle!

Thanks for the tip on the default folder – at least then, the file’s not completely "lost"!

Tony

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections