Posted By
John_McKernan
Mar 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I was working at a clients office today and tried to open Photoshop 7.0 and got the following error message:

"Could not complete your request because the serial number expired"

Is this correct? Do Photoshop serial numbers expire? What can I do to fix this for them?

Thanks for the help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RL
Robert_Levine
Mar 1, 2004
Only beta copies have expiring serial numbers.

Bob
JM
John_McKernan
Mar 1, 2004
Ah, thanks Bob, I never gave a beta copy a thought.

I appreciate the response.
JM
John_McKernan
Mar 1, 2004
Out of curiosity … I only used his copy a couple of times, but I didn’t notice any ‘Beta’ captions or anything else that looks different from my full version, did I miss something?

Also, assuming the client actually shells out the money for a full version (you never know) I guess I’m going to have to uninstall the beta and reinstall the full version, since it doesn’t give me an option to upgrade?

Thanks again.
RL
Robert_Levine
Mar 1, 2004
That would be correct. Keep in mind I’m not saying it’s definitely a beta, but the only time I’ve heard of serial numbers expiring is with betas.

Bob
JM
John_McKernan
Mar 1, 2004
I understand, man. Thanks again for the help.

John
SJ
Sandy_J
Mar 2, 2004
Or a 30-day trial version, though I don’t know if there is still a download for 7.0 since CS was released.
G
graffiti
Mar 2, 2004
Or a 30-day trial version

There is no serial number to expire with the trial version.
SJ
Sandy_J
Mar 2, 2004
Got me there.
P
Phosphor
Mar 2, 2004
"I’m going to have to uninstall the beta and reinstall the full version…"

If it’s your client’s system and your client’s license, is that really a responsibility you should bear?
JM
John_McKernan
Mar 2, 2004
Well, he claims that he’s been using this for longer than 30 days, so … ?

If it’s your client’s system and your client’s license, is that really a responsibility you should bear?

Yeah, it is the client’s responsibility and in most cases I would agree, but some clients do warrant special treatment.
SK
Stanislav_Kozliacovsky
Jun 8, 2004

P.S. I`ve read about illegal Beta copies and stuff…but I can provide anyone with my S/N, even scan of original box…
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 8, 2004
uninstall and reinstall? call adobe if that doesn’t work.
SK
Stanislav_Kozliacovsky
Jun 8, 2004
I have too many plugins/brushes installed, so I`m affraid to loose all that stuff after reinstall…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections