V
Posted By
VanTheMan
Sep 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
can anybody point me in the right direction , i want to as a bit of fun superimpose faces or friends and family onto celebs like me and my mates on the rat-pack or the scene from resivior dogs

how easy is this to do with Adobe photo-shop 7 ?

many thanks

Chris

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

N
noone
Sep 15, 2004
In article <ci7dt3$lg7$
com says…
can anybody point me in the right direction , i want to as a bit of fun superimpose faces or friends and family onto celebs like me and my mates on the rat-pack or the scene from resivior dogs

how easy is this to do with Adobe photo-shop 7 ?

many thanks

Chris

Very – depending on what you want. Lets say that the angles of the heads you will use are close to those on the bodies you will use as a base, and the lighting on the heads is similar to the bodies, then it’s only a matter of placing the heads, each on a separate Layer, above the Layer with the bodies. Using Free Transform, you can Scale, Rotate, and maybe Skew each head to what you feel is a good visual match. Make a Layer Mask for each head, and then with the Layer Mask in Channels active, paint out the extra area from that Layer, i.e. remove tops of heads which should appear beneath hats, any extra neck area, backgrounds around the heads, etc. Make an Adjustment Layer for each head Layer, and manipulate the Brightness-Contrast with Curves, Levels, or whatever you wish to use, to make the images match. Same for any Color Balance. You may need to add Noise to the head Layers to match that of the bodies Layer. Only you will know when you are satisfied. When you are, Save_As PSD in case you want to do additional work, then Flatten Layers and Save_As whatever format you wish.

With Layer Masks and Adjustment Layers affecting only the individual head Layers (hint, Ctrl-click on the border between the individual head Layer, and the Adjustment Layer to make it apply ONLY to that particular Layer. You will get a double circle, one black, one white, when they are locked to each other ..) you can go back and make the corrections to your heart’s content, without changing the original head image. This makes all your changes editable.

Practice and have fun.

Hunt
in article ci7dt3$lg7$, VanTheMan at
wrote on 09/14/2004 11:39 AM:

can anybody point me in the right direction…

http://www.artistmike.com/OtherStuffPage/otherstuff.ivy3.htm l

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections