T
Posted By
tfishumaine
Apr 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it just me? If I create a test chart with objects filled with 0%, 10%, 20%… 100% on the grayscale, and then copy them from Illustrator CS to Photoshop CS, every gray will translate properly except 80%. Photoshop will convert the 80% gray to 86% gray. Tom Fish

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
LenHewitt
Apr 7, 2004
Tom,

From Photoshop’s Edit>Colour Settings d/box SAVE your colour management settings to a colour settings file (.CSF)

From Illustrator’s Edit>Colour Settings d/box LOAD the .CSF File you just saved.

You can now be sure both applications are using the same colour settings
T
tfishumaine
Apr 7, 2004
It’s a great idea, but it did not solve the problem. I have a color chart I made in Illustrator, with 21 shades of gray, and 21 shades each of blue, green, red, yellow, cyan and magenta. Only the 80% gray is being translated improperly. The problem may or may not be unique to my PC. If you’re curious, email me at and I will send the AI file to you so you can look at it. Thanks for giving it a shot.
DF
david_flaherty
Apr 7, 2004
FYI, Color settings are under the Photoshop menu in OSX.
T
tfishumaine
Apr 7, 2004
I’m in Windows XP Professional anyway. And I’ve followed your instructions… a good idea by the way… it gives me greater confidence that Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign are all using the same color profile. Thanks for the tip.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections