D
Posted By
David
Nov 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently did a clean install of XP+SP, re-installed everything including PS 7. Now when I try to save an image for the Web the only choice of file type is .gif or HTML, I used to be able to save as ..jpg.

I’d try insatlling again but it’s only been a week since I re-did everything. Any ideas as to what may have changed this?

David

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

E
edjh
Nov 25, 2004
David wrote:

I recently did a clean install of XP+SP, re-installed everything including PS 7. Now when I try to save an image for the Web the only choice of file type is .gif or HTML, I used to be able to save as .jpg.

I’d try insatlling again but it’s only been a week since I re-did everything. Any ideas as to what may have changed this?
David

Are you updated to 7.0.1? Maybe trash/reset preferences.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
D
David
Nov 25, 2004
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:08:11 GMT, edjh wrote:

David wrote:

I recently did a clean install of XP+SP, re-installed everything including PS 7. Now when I try to save an image for the Web the only choice of file type is .gif or HTML, I used to be able to save as .jpg.

Ah! No I haven’t updated. I tend to work on "if it aint broke, don’t fix it." I’ll start with your suggestion and see if that fixes things.

Thanks
E
edjh
Nov 25, 2004
David wrote:
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:08:11 GMT, edjh wrote:

David wrote:

Ah! No I haven’t updated. I tend to work on "if it aint broke, don’t fix it." I’ll start with your suggestion and see if that fixes things.
Thanks
I don’t know if it will help with your Save for Web problem, but the update does fix a number of things that are broken in PS 7.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
D
David
Nov 25, 2004

I don’t know if it will help with your Save for Web problem, but the update does fix a number of things that are broken in PS 7.

Getting rid of preferences didn’t sove the problem, trying the 7.0.1 update.
D
David
Nov 26, 2004
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 01:44:19 GMT, edjh wrote:

Hmmmm, things is not getting better. I downloaded the update, ran the ..exe, it couldn’t find PS 7. Well the support site said that if this happens (so I guess it is not uncommon) to re-install PS 7, then update again. So having done that the update still cannot find PS 7, but it’s right there in Adobe\Photoshop folder. And after all this I still cannot Save for Web except in .gif mode.

I have a feeling that this must be an SP2 issue. ANY other suggestions?

David
H
Hecate
Nov 26, 2004
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:10:53 -0800, David
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 01:44:19 GMT, edjh wrote:

Hmmmm, things is not getting better. I downloaded the update, ran the .exe, it couldn’t find PS 7. Well the support site said that if this happens (so I guess it is not uncommon) to re-install PS 7, then update again. So having done that the update still cannot find PS 7, but it’s right there in Adobe\Photoshop folder. And after all this I still cannot Save for Web except in .gif mode.

I have a feeling that this must be an SP2 issue. ANY other suggestions?
Not an SP2 issue. This occurs when either you are using a stolen copy of PS, or, as seems apparent in your case, your registration has appeared on the list of stolen reg numbers. You’ll need to check with Adobe.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
D
David
Nov 28, 2004
Hmmmm, things is not getting better. I downloaded the update, ran the .exe, it couldn’t find PS 7. Well the support site said that if this happens (so I guess it is not uncommon) to re-install PS 7, then update again. So having done that the update still cannot find PS 7, but it’s right there in Adobe\Photoshop folder. And after all this I still cannot Save for Web except in .gif mode.

Not an SP2 issue. This occurs when either you are using a stolen copy of PS, or, as seems apparent in your case, your registration has appeared on the list of stolen reg numbers. You’ll need to check with Adobe.
I have no idea how this has happened, I had to get back to them just a week or so ago because I’d lost the registration number when I was re-installing. The lady I spoke to made no mention of a problem. Back to the phone I guess.

David
M
macknife
Dec 2, 2004
In article ,
says…
Kia Ora
I sometimes have the problem of not being able to save to web as .jpg, but have found if I flatten the image or merge the layers, it then seems to work! Mac

I have no idea how this has happened, I had to get back to them just a week or so ago because I’d lost the registration number when I was re-installing. The lady I spoke to made no mention of a problem. Back to the phone I guess.

David

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections