Posted By
Weston_White
May 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hey,
whoever can give me an answer to this would be really cool haha. well i made an animation and i forgot to put a rollover state on it. well the animation was pretty complex and i want to make a rollover for it and transfer the animation to the rollover from the normal state. someone please help me, thanks
wes

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
May 12, 2004
Weston,

I’m not quite sure I follow what you’re trying to do, but in essence, a rollover is merely a script of actions linking a particular image file to each action. So, no matter if you’re using a simple or complex animation or just a static image, updating the rollover is basically a matter of just replacing the name of the referenced image file with that of your animation.

Whether or not that helps any, I’m not sure.

Daryl
WW
Weston_White
May 12, 2004
Well on my normal state my animation is there but I want to make it a rollover so it doesn’t automatically play. If that helps anymore?
DM
Don_McCahill
May 12, 2004
I’ve never seen a gif animation that works in a rollover. It can be done in Flash.
L
LenHewitt
May 12, 2004
Don,

I’ve never seen a gif animation that works in a rollover<<

see:

http://www.novasport.co.uk/sport/index.html

😉
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
May 12, 2004
Wes,

What you’ll want to do is make a static image that you reference as the normal state, then reference the animation for the MouseOver state. If you don’t have a static image, just copy out the first frame of your animation as a separate GIF file and use that.

I’ve created a simple animation that I’ve incorporated into a rollover with an Over and Click state, akin to what it sounds like you might be attempting to do. The example along with some explanatory text is found at ttp://jazzdiver.com/photoshop/rollover . The text isn’t detailed but hopefully it is enough for you to understand what to do. Viewing the source HTML may be helpful also.

Regards,

Daryl
WW
Weston_White
May 12, 2004
ok thanks ill give that a try
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
May 12, 2004
Oops…it probably doesn’t matter and is too late to fix it, but adding the "h" to my goofed-up link would provide <http://jazzdiver.com/photoshop/rollover> as the correct URL.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections