SK
Posted By
shelley_keenan
May 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My file has 446 slices, and 90% have rollovers, the file is 9.5 MB. Every time I save optomized it crashes. If I crop it down to small sections it will optomize, but small sections are no good to me as the rollovers don’t work properly. I have tried it in both ImageReady 7 and CS. I am using Windows 2000, 2GH Pentium 4, with 512 MG RAM.

Please Help

Thanks

Shelley

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

L
LenHewitt
May 20, 2004
Shelley,

the file is 9.5 MB. <<

What on earth are your pixel dimensions? Are you intending to put that lot on a web page???

Please explain just how you intend to use this sliced image – I’m intrigued! – but whatever the intention it sounds FAR too large for web use, and is just too large for IR and Photoshop functions you are trying to use.
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 20, 2004
Yeah, it ought to just give "image too large for SFW", or somesuch. PS 7 does at some dimension or other, I forget how large, but certainly WAY before 9.5MB in any format.

M
SK
shelley_keenan
May 21, 2004
The pixel dimensions of the file are 706 x 291. It is a calendar, and each date has a rollover function which highlights the date, month, and day, and also tells the viewer if the date is available or not. It is for a wedding photography website. It is the rollovers that enlarged the file size. It was saving optimized ok, even with all the layers, until I had the rollovers done up to about mid June.
How should I go about this if not to use ImageReady?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections