Posted By
Dave Larcombe
Nov 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I initially tried to set the white background of a gif file to transparrent but I could not find any clear directions from the help in Photoshop 7. So I then tried to change the background colour to a hex color setting, again I failed!

Could someone advise me what menu items etc I need to click to get the relevant selections to acheive the above?

I would be really grateful for any assistance.

Regards,

Dave.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
BubblyBabs
Nov 26, 2005
In the previous message Dave Larcombe wrote:

Hi all,

I initially tried to set the white background of a gif file to transparrent but I could not find any clear directions from the help in Photoshop 7. So I then tried to change the background colour to a hex color setting, again I failed!

Could someone advise me what menu items etc I need to click to get the relevant selections to acheive the above?

I would be really grateful for any assistance.

Regards,

Dave.

I don’t have PS7 but if it’s a single colored white background couldn’t you use the select color tool to choose the white and then erase it? Then save as a gif again?

Babs

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections