Can I create an action and move it to another computer?

RR
Posted By
Ron_Ross
Jul 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to create an action on one computer and move to Photoshop loaded (legally) on another computer. I named the action, yet it doesn’t show up when I do search.

PS CS
WinXPP

Suggestions?

Ron Ross

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 28, 2004
you need to save it in it’s own action set (not the default set) then do save action set from the flyout panel in the actions menu. that’ll write it to your drive.
RR
Ron_Ross
Jul 28, 2004
Thanks for the quick response. That is why I love this forum.

Ron
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 28, 2004
welcome ron. good luck, dave
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Jul 28, 2004
See FAQ for more suggestions.

Mathias
RR
Ron_Ross
Jul 28, 2004
Yep, there it is, bigger than life in the FAQ’s. Thanks Mathias. I probably should have looked there first. I did do a search and didn’t get any hits so I posted. I really rely on the FAQ to avoid double posting but I honestly didn’t see it. My bad.

Thanks again for the fast response.

Ron
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Jul 28, 2004
Hey Ron,

I wasnt coming down at you, I was just pointing you there because there´s another method outlined that allows you to move your entire action palette to the other computer. Dave answered your question in the first post, I thought I´d add the other method 🙂

And you are entirely right that the FAQ can be a bit hard to sort through.

Mathias

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections