WG
Posted By
william ginsburg
Aug 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am ruinning PS Elements 2.0 on a 2.4 Gig Gateway with 1 gig memory.Screen is Samsung SyncMaster 967mb.

If I take a newly made image from my camera(D100) in JPEG and simply highlight it in Browse mode in PE (without opening the image the thumbnail gets several shades darker (as is the image if I open it) . If I convert the file to tiff not only doesn’t the tiff thumbnail get dark if I highlight it in PE the image itself is in the lighter state (and does not open dark). Open or seeing a thmbnail in anything else (ms Image viewer or ASDSee 5.0, Nikon View) does not do this. Most interested to know if anyone has any words of wisdom.

Bill Ginsburg

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RC
Richard Coencas
Aug 5, 2003
Hi Bill,

Could have to do with Photoshop’s color management (ACDSee is not color managed). Have you callibrated your monitor? Could also be the camera Exif that Elements is compensating for. You may take a look at the Elements ignore exif fix available at Adobe.com.

BTW, I know a Bill Ginsburg from many years ago. Could you be he?

Rich ()

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections