M
Posted By
Missy9900
Jan 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anyone know why photoshop cs2 is closing on me when I am typing text? It is only on the word cabin also? I have run a virus scan and have nothing, I reset all my tools, reset my preferences and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program twice. Help please!!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Photon713
Jan 29, 2008
I don’t have Photoshop CS, but, it would be interesting to find out if other’s using it have the same issue. If others can duplicate the problem, then it’s possible it’s a programmer trap used by programmers to exit a subroutine. It’s an old programmers trick when debugging a program. You might want to include exactly the steps you used to create the problem to see if others can duplicate the problem.

Good Luck

Anyone know why photoshop cs2 is closing on me when I am typing text? It is only on the word cabin also? I have run a virus scan and have nothing, I reset all my tools, reset my preferences and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program twice. Help please!!
M
Missy9900
Jan 29, 2008
On Jan 29, 10:37 am, "Photon713" wrote:
I don’t have Photoshop CS, but, it would be interesting to find out if other’s using it have the same issue. If others can duplicate the problem, then it’s possible it’s a programmer trap used by programmers to exit a subroutine. It’s an old programmers trick when debugging a program. You might want to include exactly the steps you used to create the problem to see if others can duplicate the problem.

Good Luck

I am typing "Small 3-Dimensional Cabin Signs" and when I get to the word "Cabin", it types c and then when i type a, part of my text disappears to "Small 3-Dimensi " and so I press backspace and it comes back, but when I type "a" again, it shuts down. I have also ran an update on cs2, but that didn’t help.
AM
Andreas Morschhauser
Jan 29, 2008
Missy9900 schrieb:

Good Luck

I am typing "Small 3-Dimensional Cabin Signs" and when I get to the word "Cabin", it types c and then when i type a, part of my text disappears to "Small 3-Dimensi " and so I press backspace and it comes back, but when I type "a" again, it shuts down. I have also ran an update on cs2, but that didn’t help.

Hi,

I too don`t have got CS2, but tried it with PS6…no problem. Have you tried copy`n`paste? Doesn`t solve the principle problem but maybe the symptom?!

Good Luck
M
Missy9900
Jan 29, 2008
On Jan 29, 10:52 am, Andreas Morschhauser <
chemnitz.de> wrote:
Missy9900 schrieb:

Good Luck

Hi,

I too don`t have got CS2, but tried it with PS6…no problem. Have you tried copy`n`paste? Doesn`t solve the principle problem but maybe the symptom?!

Good Luck

Yes, I have tried to copy and paste the text. I even started a whole new file and typed it in there and it still did it.
K
KatWoman
Jan 29, 2008
"Missy9900" wrote in message
chemnitz.de> wrote:
Missy9900 schrieb:

Good Luck

Hi,

Good Luck

Yes, I have tried to copy and paste the text. I even started a whole new file and typed it in there and it still did it.

check your shortcuts settings and your keyboard driver
maybe you have a key-setting on one that makes it shutoff ?

you can always try trashing the prefererences to default it fixes a lot of weird errors in all versions of PS
(hold control alt shift as you start the prog)
M
Missy9900
Jan 29, 2008
On Jan 29, 12:13 pm, "KatWoman" wrote:
"Missy9900" wrote in message

chemnitz.de> wrote:
Missy9900 schrieb:

Good Luck

Hi,

Good Luck

check your shortcuts settings and your keyboard driver
maybe you have a key-setting on one that makes it shutoff ?
you can always try trashing the prefererences to default it fixes a lot of weird errors in all versions of PS
(hold control alt shift as you start the prog)

Thanks, I had already reset my preferences and that didn’t work. I ran an update and restarted my pc and then changed the font I was using because I read the using downloaded fonts can cause problems and so far so good, it let me finish my text. Hopefully this has solved my problems!!
T
Tacit
Jan 29, 2008
In article
Missy9900 wrote:

I am typing "Small 3-Dimensional Cabin Signs" and when I get to the word "Cabin", it types c and then when i type a, part of my text disappears to "Small 3-Dimensi " and so I press backspace and it comes back, but when I type "a" again, it shuts down.

Two words: Bad font. There’s something wrong with the kerning table in that font. What font are you using?

Photography, kink, polyamory, shareware, and more: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections