RF
Posted By
Ronald Fiskum
Sep 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sorry, but I am new to the world of scanning, we have thousands of documents that are basically text based. However each document has a stamp (similar to date time stamp) on its cover side. We are using an Epson flat bed scanner with document page feeder.

Using Presto PageMaker we can scan the document but as soon as it is OCR’d the stamp is gone, same with Text Bridge and exporting to Word. We tried using Photoshop elements and saved as a .jpeg then exported as PDF but then its not text searchable in Adobe. All these software packages came with the scanner.

Its been suggested that we scan the text part first then capture the stamp as an image and insert it in a word document as an image then send to PDF, this seems like alot of extra work!

Is there any Adobe product that can do both the text and image and make a text searchable PDF?

Ron

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Phosphor
Sep 25, 2003
My guess is that the full version of Adobe Acrobat will do that. Let’s see if I’m right, when we read the answers from people who know what they’re talking about! 🙂
RC
Richard Coencas
Sep 25, 2003
Beth is correct. Full Acrobat 6.0 has the ability to convert a scanned Tiff into a searchable PDF.

Rich
P
Phosphor
Sep 25, 2003
I knew if I hung around here long enough I’d learn something.
RF
Ronald_Fiskum
Sep 30, 2003
Thank you, will get full version ASAP.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections