Posted By
Amir_Sharifrazy
Apr 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey all, can someone please help me?

I am sending artwork to a printer in China for mass produced packaging. I have printed some things through them before and the colour of the print has been slightly off, too dark.

On-screen I see things as being ok, which I know is not a good colour match.

My question is, is there any way I can produce a better on-screen match or is there anything I can do to ensure a better colour reproduction using my Mac?

I know of ColorSync Utility but have never used it. Would that help?

I just want to be get a best as possible match to what they might print if possible.

My specs are: G4 running 10.3.3 using Apple 23′ LCD Photoshop CS, image is a 8bit 300ppi CMYK file.

THanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

T
Todie
Apr 19, 2004
Make the printer aware of your regrets about the past experience and send a contract proof for them to match.

<http://americanprinter.com/ar/printing_new_contract_proof/>
AS
Amir_Sharifrazy
Apr 19, 2004
Insteresting read, but most printers tend to dismiss provided Proofs as ‘not relevant’ as they are printed using inkjets or other means not matching their profiles.
The printers I work with REQUIRE a printed proof along with the file. My work goes to printers all over the US and to Argentina & China.

If they say your proofs are not relevent because you are not using their profiles…. then have them send you their profiles & colour calibrate your system.
T
Todie
Apr 19, 2004
Most printers can be wrong if you do your homework : )
AS
Amir_Sharifrazy
Apr 19, 2004
Mine require a Proof also, but when things go wrong deny that it can be used to match anything other than layout ??!!

If they send me their calibration specs what is the best way for me to calibrate my system accordingly?

Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections