KT
Posted By
Kiriakos_Triliouris
Oct 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Any word about a PSE v3.0 coming out soon?
Isn’t it long overdue?
Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 22, 2003
The rumor mill hasn’t leaked anything yet. And, yup, as far as I’m concerned it’s overdue, because PS 8.0 is out, although I’m not sure it’s fair to say "long overdue"; I think PS 8.0 has been out only about a month. I don’t remember how long after the release of PS 7.0 PSE 2 came out, though. Does anybody else?
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 22, 2003
Beth, PS8 (aka PS CS) has been announced, but I believe it won’t be shipping until late November. So maybe PSE 3 isn’t really so late…
LM
Lou_M
Oct 22, 2003
Yeah, I’d love to see a new PS Elements, too, but PS 8.0 ("CS") is announced but not yet shipping. If you try to order it on Adobe’s web site, you’ll see this message:

Adobe Photoshop CS is expected to ship by the end of November 2003.
LM
Lou_M
Oct 22, 2003
Oh, Chuck beats me to the punch by mere seconds. 🙂
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 22, 2003
Lou, I don’t know…..looked like a tie to me!! 🙂
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 22, 2003
Oh, PS 8.0 isn’t even shipping yet, huh? Well in that case, Elements isn’t overdue. I wouldn’t expect it to be out until after PS 8.0 has had some time on the shelves.
BN
Bob_Nida
Oct 23, 2003
I’ve seen some very low prices on PSE 2.0 < $60, so the channel may know.

Anyone here work in the distribution channel (merisel, tech-data, etc..) that can find out?
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 23, 2003
Bob, that’s a pretty normal price for PE2.

There were a couple of people who actually managed to make money by buying it last winter when there were lots of rebates around, so I wouldn’t take that to mean much.
BN
Bob_Nida
Oct 23, 2003
Rebates? I just heard about that, but wasn’t it just realeased last fall?

I wonder if there will be more rebates comming, or hold out for 3.0.

Another thing that isn’t clearing this up, is that they’ve combined PSE2 and PSA2 into one product suite.

Does Adobe keep older products, like PSE2, lingering around like that when PSE 3 is (in the future) out?
SR
Schraven_Robert
Oct 23, 2003
What would be new in PSE3?

I don’t feel I need 3 already as I am quite pleased with 2 as it is, apart from curves of course

Robert
NS
Nancy_S
Oct 24, 2003
Robert S,

You do know that you can have a curves function from a third party add-on, right?
SR
Schraven_Robert
Oct 24, 2003
Yes Nancy; I am aware of that, but haven’t done it yet.

One reason being that I am not really a computer boff and am worried by downloading an add on or plug-in, I would upset the original programme thus being worse off than before. Another reason is that I decided to learn PSE2 the way it was so I could really understand it all and then decide what I needed in addition. If PSE 3 would appear I may not even buy it straight away. Look at Jodi. Is she not a wizz and I believe she still uses PSE1.
Every time I look at a PSE book full of tutorials I feel I haven’t really mastered PSE yet, so why bother downloading some gadget or plug-in.
I know this is not really consumeresque behaviour but it works for me for now.

I for one would be much happier if Adobe would release a CD with a PSE2-expansion equal to a maintenance CD. That CD would improve or iradicate some of the typical PSE2 problems (like preference settings) and accelerate some items if needed, but would also add for instance new plug ins, just so we could be more creative with the same. That one I would play onto my computer. Needless to say I expect the price for that CD to be relatively low.

Robert
LK
Leen_Koper
Oct 25, 2003
Robert, I second that, although I have quite some plug in filters I absolutely cannot miss as I apply these to about 50% of my images. An Adobe update CD would be marvellous and I prefer this too over V3.
I’m sure I will never be able to understand it all, I don’t like the idea of starting again with a revised version.

Leen
SR
Schraven_Robert
Oct 25, 2003
Thank you leen,

Elements isn’t called elements for nothing. If you want the latest on imaging technology you would go and buy Photoshop, the full version and you would await each new upgrade eagerly to find out what is the latest technology, wouldn’t you?
I would expect elements to remain pretty basic, but if a revision is due it would mean not new features but improvements of the ones already there or expansions of the same by adding plug ins.

Robert
LM
Lou_M
Oct 25, 2003
Yes, Elements is basic, but if they come up with things to make our lives easier, well I’d pay for that.
NS
Nancy_S
Oct 25, 2003
Robert S,

I, like Jodi, am very content with version 1 of PSE, though I have had no problems after installing the third-party add-ons which really increase the capability of the program and I find indispensible. However, whatever you are comfortable with is the way to go.

Nancy
SR
Schraven_Robert
Oct 25, 2003
Nancy,

at some stage I will have to have a go at the third party add ons. I am stalling I know.

Robert

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections