Can’t view Illustrator or Quark EPS files in Photoshop CS….

GP
Posted By
Gregory_Pevey
May 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to open and Illustrator or Quark EPS file in Phoshop CS, nothing appears in the window. It goes through the normal process to open but when the window finally comes up the EPS image is not there.

Any help would be great.

Also, any CS updates coming around soon? Like Photoshop 8.1 or something like that?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
May 21, 2004
There are no updates, and I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else with an EPS parsing failure.

You can try resetting your preferences, but that’s just a wild guess.
PG
Per_Ganz
May 21, 2004
Hi,
try switching off Nortons AutoProtect and then try again importing eps into PSCS Per
RW
Rene_Walling
May 22, 2004
And avoid Quark eps files, they are notorously bad. Print to a PDF instead and rasterize that if you have to.
C
c8cc
May 23, 2004
To Chris Cox: I had the problem, too and i posted it here some time ago.

All errors posted here seem to be impossible, isn´t it so? The annyoing Info-Palette problem posted half a year ago isn´t fixed already and i think this is a major problem.

Why doesn´t Adobe relase updates anymore for the few known issues?

The solution: Look a Per Ganz´s description. Switching off all the Norton stuff helps not only in this case…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections