Posted By
JoAnn_Amerson
Nov 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everyone,

I have a .gif file that’s has me scratching my head. It’s a graph for designing beading projects. I *should* be able to use the paint bucket and fill the ovals with a color but all I get is black. Does anyone have any suggestions for what settings to look for/change? It’s supposed to be a 256 color graph but I’ll be darned if I can get anything other than black.

Thx – JoAnn

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Nov 21, 2003
Yes, you should be able to choose colors, even in index mode. Are you indeed changing the color with color picker on menu bar (has to be foreground color).

Mac
JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Nov 21, 2003
I did that. The "beads" are outlined in black and all the paint bucket does it fill in the bead in black. I just don’t get what I’m doing wrong.

wrote in message
Yes, you should be able to choose colors, even in index mode. Are you indeed changing the color with color picker on menu bar (has to be foreground color).

Mac
MM
Mac_McDougald
Nov 21, 2003
In article ,
says…
I did that. The "beads" are outlined in black and all the paint bucket does it fill in the bead in black. I just don’t get what I’m doing wrong.

You *are* selecting the area to fill, yes?
And you have color selected in *fore*ground box, not background box, eh?

Mac
======
wrote in message

Mac

JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Nov 21, 2003
Yep to both. I’ve even tried changing both the foreground and back ground color to red – and I still get black.

Any chance you’d like to take a shot at it?

wrote in message
In article ,
says…
I did that. The "beads" are outlined in black and all the paint bucket
does
it fill in the bead in black. I just don’t get what I’m doing wrong.

Mac
======
wrote in message
Yes, you should be able to choose colors, even in index mode. Are you indeed changing the color with color picker on menu bar (has
to
be foreground color).

Mac

JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Nov 21, 2003
Ooh! I got it. I started looking for settings. (I’m relatively new at this program so I’m not the greatest at knowing what all settings to look for.) I was in Index mode. When I changed it to RGB, I got red beads!

So what is "Index mode"?

wrote in message
Yep to both. I’ve even tried changing both the foreground and back ground color to red – and I still get black.

Any chance you’d like to take a shot at it?

wrote in message
In article ,
says…
I did that. The "beads" are outlined in black and all the paint bucket
does
it fill in the bead in black. I just don’t get what I’m doing wrong.

Mac
======
wrote in message
Yes, you should be able to choose colors, even in index mode. Are you indeed changing the color with color picker on menu bar (has
to
be foreground color).

Mac

MM
Mac_McDougald
Nov 21, 2003
Index is 256 color, RGB is 16.7 million.
I started to suggest go into RGB mode, but was working for me in indexed.

Probably matters what color you were picking maybe, needed to be in websage palette or something? I dunno.

Mac

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections