AM
Posted By
Andrew_Maguire
Jun 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I wish to create a file which will be output to a RIP/direct to plate that has two different line screens in order to have the word "void" come out whenever the printed document is photocopied but not visible on the orginial document.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have photoshop, indesign, quark, illustrator if I need to use any other pieces of software.

thanks.
Andrew.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 9, 2004
I suspect that this may be best done by using a fifth color (metallic or fluorescent?) ink, which would reproduce differently on a copier from the process inks, for the word "void"?
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Jun 9, 2004
watermark.
B
Buko
Jun 9, 2004
Problem is the word void has to be on the original so it can be scanned.

If the word Void is on the original doesn’t that make the original void also??
J
jonf
Jun 9, 2004
It seems to me you need to create an original that has a line printed somewhere stating "Void if copied: original will have watermark…[describe watermark]" or something along those lines. You can print the original with a light non-repro blue watermark, for instance, that will not show up in a photocopy or fax. I can think of no way to have anything show up in a photocopy that is not visible in the original, unless you have this job printed at Hogwarts.
DC
Diane_Cash
Jul 2, 2004
Andrew, I am currently faced with the same problem, and can’t seem to find any help on this issue other than 3rd party programs. One reference said the background should be a 15% screen at 150 lpi and the word VOID 15% @ 65 lpi. Sounds simple…if I could figure out how to change the screens in one document!

If you have found the answer, please enlighten me.

Thanks
PT
Paul_Tracy
Jul 2, 2004
unless you have this job printed at Hogwarts.

LOL! If only that were an option! Thanks jonf, that’s one joke that’s definitely going to get recycled!!
LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Jul 2, 2004
Play with bitmap mode.
(one option for the mode change is "halftone")
B
Buko
Jul 2, 2004
Remember the word VOID will be on the original to and if you can see it on the copy you need to see it on the original. If the word VOID is visible on the original will this also make the original void?
HJ
harvey_jewett
Jul 2, 2004
This should be able to be done by your direct to press operator or the prepress department at the print shop. If this is you, try this – In the RIP see if you can identify image objects selectively and change the individual screening. It depends on the RIP. You can also try building one image in PS and saving as an EPS with your line screen embeded and then build your layout in ID or AI and set it’s screeding to the other lpi.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections