JC
Posted By
Joseph_Condeelis
Dec 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone HELP me??? I have Photoshop 5.5 and I lost my serial number. I have this on my computer now. Is there a way to Find my serial number inside my computer???????? Joseph

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 12, 2003
Post information about your platform and operating system. There is a way on some systems.
EW
Ed_Wurster
Dec 12, 2003
wrote…
Can anyone HELP me??? I have Photoshop 5.5 and I lost my serial number. I
have this on my computer now. Is there a way to Find my serial number inside my computer????????

When the program starts, you’ll see the serial number on your screen.

After you start up, look under the help menu for "About Photoshop" and select that commnad.

On a Mac, look under the Apple menu for "About Photoshop."

Ed
MM
Mac_McDougald
Dec 13, 2003
I’ve heard this over and over.
On Windows, the last 4 digits of the SN is NOT displayed. Usually can be found in the registery however.

I suspect that it similar on a Tosh, but don’t know for sure.

Mac
JC
Joseph_Condeelis
Dec 13, 2003
First THANK YOU so much for replying to my GREAT NEED of finding my serial number. NO one at Adobe will help me because it is over 2 years old. I spent weeks of waiting for emails from them AND hours on the phone to learn this. So THANK YOU for YOUR help. I did what you said and I did see MOST of my serial number BUT the last 3 or 4 letters or numbers are missing. I have WindowsXP on my system. IS the a way to get ALL of the serial number????????????

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Joseph
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 13, 2003
Topic

Cannot Locate Serial Number

Jay Kirby – 06:54pm Nov 29, 2003 Pacific
I purchased a Visioneer 8929 USB scanner. Adobe Photoshop Elements are included on the CD that came with the scanner. I tried to install the Photoshop program, but cannot find the serial number. Where can I look?

———————————————————— ———— Reply To This Discussion | Back to Topic List | Bookmark | Subscribe To start a NEW discussion click on the Back to Topic List link and select Add Topic. If you are in an archive forum please go up to the main topic list (archives are read only).

See if this works for you. The person this post was intended to help couldn’t find it in the registry, but maybe you’ll have better luck.

Raymond Robillard – 06:01am Nov 30, 2003 Pacific (#3 of 7)

You will need to look in the registry (if running Windows version).

To locate it, run a search in the registry for the numbers you have on your screen when you do a "Help / About Photoshop Elements". You’ll find two instances. One ending with XXXX and the other with the full serial.

The instructions are in here somewhere. If this doesn’t work, try a forum search for "serial number". This has come up a number of times, and the answer is buried somewhere in the old posts. If this suggestion doesn’t work, try a forum search for ‘serial number’.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections