Liv
Jun 11, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using PS6

Open New.
I would then like to create a tire-shaped area.
Using the elliptical marquee tool and its constraint (centre/out), I draw the small inner circle. Is there any way I can add a larger outer circle
marquee selection having both selections appearing simultaneously while I paint in the area between them? Any alternate way(s) of doing the same thing?
Thanks for any help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Y
YrbkMgr
Jun 12, 2005
One idea is to create an alpha channel out of your first selection, then transform it (Select|Transform)to make it larger (or smaller) and make an alpha channel out of that. Then you can load the larger alpha channel as a selection, and subtract the smaller alpha channel; optionally create a third alpha channel out of this one and size it if necessary using Select|Transform.

Peace,
Tony
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Jun 12, 2005
First make the outer ring, then hold Alt while starting the inner circle, followed by alt-shift (dragging from centre).
ML
Mike_Logan
Jun 12, 2005
I start with the outer circle and fill it. Then with it still selected I use Select>Modify>Contract as often as necessary then hit delete. One doughnut ready for use !!!

Sometimes the above commands do not produce an inner circle that is true enough, so a little repair work is necessary.

Cheap – but cheerful !!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections