Posted By
Michael J
Jul 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello and greets all,

Recently, a few weeks ago, I had found somewhere on the web a nice PS tutorial for putting text on cloth, and making it look like the cloth was "stained" (for lack of a better term) with the text. What’s nice about it was that the tutorial had the text warping/folding to match the folds/wrinkles of the cloth. It looks very nice and was a very "buyable" effect.

Problem is, I’ve since not been able to find that tutorial again. Could have swore I book marked it but apparently not. And with round about 900 million Photoshop tutorials on the web, it’s kind of hard to find a specific one. Has anyone seen a tutorial like this, or know a nice way of doing this effect? Thank you.

MJ

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MH
Mike Hyndman
Jul 1, 2005
On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 20:19:03 GMT, Michael J wrote:

hello and greets all,

Recently, a few weeks ago, I had found somewhere on the web a nice PS tutorial for putting text on cloth, and making it look like the cloth was "stained" (for lack of a better term) with the text. What’s nice about it was that the tutorial had the text warping/folding to match the folds/wrinkles of the cloth. It looks very nice and was a very "buyable" effect.

Problem is, I’ve since not been able to find that tutorial again. Could have swore I book marked it but apparently not. And with round about 900 million Photoshop tutorials on the web, it’s kind of hard to find a specific one. Has anyone seen a tutorial like this, or know a nice way of doing this effect? Thank you.
MJ,
How about http://www.good-tutorials.com/track/9283
Also, have a look for displacement map tutorials.
regards
MH
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jul 1, 2005

hello and greets all,

Another one, http://www.photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/dispmap/dispmap.htm MH
MJ
Michael J
Jul 1, 2005
Thank you, Mike. These are pretty much the exact effects I was looking for. Again many thanks.

MJ

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 22:46:13 +0100, Mike Hyndman wrote:

hello and greets all,

Another one, http://www.photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/dispmap/dispmap.htm MH
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jul 2, 2005
On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 22:44:41 GMT, Michael J wrote:

Thank you, Mike. These are pretty much the exact effects I was looking for. Again many thanks.
No problemo 🙂
MH

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections