NL
Posted By
Naftaly_Liebman
Dec 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop elements 1 on Pent 2 450Mhz, 192 RAM, 20G HDD, Win XP home. I have Canon scanner and Canon S6300 printer. Phot started to freez when I try to open a new file or use print preview.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ray
Dec 21, 2003
Have you tried to reset PSE preferences ? Upon double-clicking on the desktop icon, press and hold SHIFT-CONTROL-ATL keys untill a dialog box is displayed. Click on yes.

Ray
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 21, 2003
In looking at your computer specs, I think it’s possible you’re just overloading your system. While the Elements box says a minimum of 128MB of RAM, the truth is that’s barely enough to keep Elements running, let alone enough to manage both Elements and a scanner. Your 20GB hard drive could be causing trouble, too.

If you haven’t done system maintenance lately – especially defragging and clearing out cache, I’d strongly recommend you try that first You also might find you have to shut down other applications while you’re using Elements so it can have every last resource your computer has available.

The kind of RAM your computer takes is quite inexpensive nowadays. If you could add another stick I think you’d be much happier with the way the set up runs.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections