SL
Posted By
Sitara Lal
Jan 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a photo (JPG) on which I have added a new layer, containing some lines of text only. What is the best way to optimize the composite image, so that the text is crisp (like in a GIF) but the photo displays well and the file size does not get too large (JPG)? In other words, can one optimize one layer as a JPG and the other as a GIF in the same image? If yes, what format is the final image saved in?

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TN
Tesco News
Jan 7, 2006
"Sitara Lal" wrote in message
I have a photo (JPG) on which I have added a new layer, containing some lines of text only. What is the best way to optimize the composite image, so that the text is crisp (like in a GIF) but the photo displays well and the file size does not get too large (JPG)? In other words, can one optimize one layer as a JPG and the other as a GIF in the same image? If yes, what format is the final image saved in?

Thanks
Both layers are part of the image file, and a file can only be one type.

Why don’t you "flatten" the layers, then save one version of the file as a Gif and another version as a Jpeg, and see which suits you best.

Roy G
J
Julie
Sep 1, 2006
Save it to PSD or BMP. Later you can svae it to any type of format you want.

My name is Julie, I enjoy this News Group and the People that come here a Lot.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections