Posted By
alex p howard
Aug 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
can anyone explain why?

I am using PhotoShop CS on a PowerBook G4.

I am attempting to animate water ripples if anyone happens to have some tutes on this I would love for you to tell me where they are too.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

SW
Scott_Weichert
Aug 3, 2004
what does a water ripple tutorial have to do with filters not working?

For the filters.. make certain your document is in 8 bit RGB mode.
TR
Tom_Remus
Aug 3, 2004
Greetings, I have Photoshop 7 on a PC. I purchased a new Mac and Photoshop CS and installed OK. I have a few hundred Photoshop fisters I inported from the web over the last few years in PS 7. I copied them to CD , installed in PS-CS on the mac but they don’t show up in the filters in PShop CS. The filters are all there in the PS-CS folder, they have "8BF" behind each one, does that mean something? Any help? Tom Remus
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 3, 2004
You will need to keep Photoshop 7, and probably run it in Classic, to use those filters.

However, you mentioned that you previously had a PC, so it’s doubtful if your filters would run on a Mac anyway.
R
Ram
Aug 4, 2004
Tom,

If your Photoshop 7.0.1 ran on a PC and you had collected filters from the web for that application, you can forget about running them on the Mac. You can’t. Just like trying to run an ".exe" file on a Mac or your Photoshop CS for Mac on your PC.

Actions, on the other hand, would be platform independent as long as they don’t rely on any of your PC filters.
R
Ram
Aug 4, 2004
Ann,

You will need to keep Photoshop 7, and probably run it in Classic,

Obviously that can’t be done. Tom says he has Photoshop on his PC, not the Mac version. 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections