OV
Posted By
Oskar von dem Hagen
Jan 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Task: crop many big pictures to varying sizes.

1st problem: I have been unable to open the files in a maximized window. (The photoshop window is maximized but not the picture window.) Neither could I include something like "maximize window" in my action. In the newsgroups I only found similar questions but no answers. Does that mean it’s impossible?

2nd problem: I want the selection to be variable. But there is no "dialog" option for the "set selection". I can include a pause in the action but I can’t support the corresponding message window,or can I?

Any hint for either problem?

Oskar

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

OV
Oskar von dem Hagen
Jan 26, 2006
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 03:03:46 +0100, Oskar von dem Hagen wrote:

Task: crop many big pictures to varying sizes.

1st problem: I have been unable to open the files in a maximized window. (The photoshop window is maximized but not the picture window.) Neither could I include something like "maximize window" in my action. In the newsgroups I only found similar questions but no answers. Does that mean it’s impossible?

2nd problem: I want the selection to be variable. But there is no "dialog" option for the "set selection". I can include a pause in the action but I can’t support the corresponding message window,or can I?

Obviously I want to *suppress* the window, sry.

Any hint for either problem?

Oskar
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 26, 2006
Oskar,

Check the link http://www.atncentral.com/tutorials.htm (Photoshop Actions – The Mother of All Tutorials) for the first zip file download.

HTH
MH
OV
Oskar von dem Hagen
Jan 27, 2006
Thanks Mike.

Check the link http://www.atncentral.com/tutorials.htm

That’s quite and impressive tutorial (294 pages)! And I found that automated crops require the crop-tool instead of the menu item. My second problem, however, is still unresolved. Will try a new thread. Oskar

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections