M
Posted By
Maestro
Apr 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m rather new at this and need help. When I open a picture in PS, i’m asked which color profile to use (imbedded, monitor, or none). I’ve been choosing monitor so as to get a print out of what I see on the screen. But this doesn’t usually seem to be the case.

What can I do to assure that what I see on the screen is what will come out in print? I’m using an Epson Photo R200 printer.

One more question: is there any way to set the choice of profile upon import as a preference to avoid being asked for every single image?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

F
FE
Apr 4, 2005
Make sure you change the format from RGB to CMYK when you’re in pshop. As for seeing what you see on the monitor and what comes out…it’s a tough one. Your monitor displays in RGB so it’s never right on. And it also depends on how your monitor displays color. It varies from machine to machine. Plus, every printer prints out differently.

Maestro wrote:
I’m rather new at this and need help. When I open a picture in PS,
i’m
asked which color profile to use (imbedded, monitor, or none). I’ve been choosing monitor so as to get a print out of what I see on the screen. But this doesn’t usually seem to be the case.

What can I do to assure that what I see on the screen is what will
come
out in print? I’m using an Epson Photo R200 printer.

One more question: is there any way to set the choice of profile upon import as a preference to avoid being asked for every single image?
G
gholmes
Apr 26, 2005
In article <030420051356069018%>,
Maestro wrote:

I’m rather new at this and need help. When I open a picture in PS, i’m asked which color profile to use (imbedded, monitor, or none). I’ve been choosing monitor so as to get a print out of what I see on the screen. But this doesn’t usually seem to be the case.

What can I do to assure that what I see on the screen is what will come out in print? I’m using an Epson Photo R200 printer.

If you are using a desktop printer do not change it from RGB to CMYK! there are preferences in Photoshop that allow you to select what profile you want images to be seen in. Select one there.

Using your system preferences you can adjust your monitor so as to make certain that it is as close to perfect as your eyes are able to make it. Otherwise you can spend some $$$ and bye a color monitor calibration device.

I hope that this helps somewhat.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections