CP
Posted By
Chris_Purdum
Aug 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently added an Epson 4800 so I never used the Print with Preview dialogue but now that I am, it crashes Photoshop and I have to do a moon dance to get it to work. I’ve tried everything I can think of, as listed:

Trashed both the .plist and settings prefs files
Trashed the settings folder
Reinstalled both PS CS2 and the printer drivers
Repaired permissions
Repaired the disk
Ran diskwarrior
Ran the Hardware Test to check for bad RAM – which checked out fine.

I did get it to work once when I trashed the settings folder, but as soon as I quit PS and opened it again, I had the crashing issue again – and I can’t print to any of my 3 printers. Epson 4800, R200 and HP Laserjet 1200, I can from other apps, but not from PS and not with Print with Preview

The basics of my system: G5 dual 2.7, 4.5gb ram, all driver and software updated, running OS X 10.4.7.

Unless someone has a clue why this is happening, I’m looking at a clean re-install of the whole system and apps, and I really don’t want to do that…

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Chris

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Aug 3, 2006
Does it work if you make a new account and log in as a different user?

If it does, it means you have corruption in your regular account. An "Archive and Install" of the OS will fix it while preserving your settings.
CP
Chris_Purdum
Aug 4, 2006
Creating a new account and launching PS from it gave the same results, so did trashing all of the .plist files related to printing.

Thanks for the help though – I was hoping it would work.
SW
Scott_Weichert
Aug 4, 2006
Reinstall your epson drivers.

I had the same issue due to a 2200.
CP
Chris_Purdum
Aug 4, 2006
I had originally done a re-install of both PS and the drivers, and it worked once, then had the same problem. This time, I uninstakked the drivers, then reinstalled them and now it seems stable – meaning I can close, quit, restart, etc and still get the Print with Preview dialogie to work, I had just finished rebooting and testing when I saw your post

Thanks for the help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections