Posted By
MarcShepherd
Sep 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I’m new to this photo-for-profit game so I need your help.

A graphic artist needs me to email her a photo I shot and converted to CMYK, color corrected, and saved as a TIFF. It has not been cropped and is approximately 8 x 12. However, it is an unbelievable 63 meg file. (I just can’t see why it’s this large) I can’t see me emailing a file this large. What is the best way to get this file to her.

Any quick reply would help as this one is on a fairly quick deadline.

Thanks,
Marc S

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Sep 12, 2006
Check the following link, and choose any of the services that look good for your purposes:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbd96ba/1>
PF
Peter_Figen
Sep 12, 2006
Save the file as a zip compressed tiff and eliminate any unnecessary channels and layers. I have ftp folders set up on my web site that I use for transfering large files using Transmit as an ftp client. You can also use a site like yousendit.com to send links to large files that are too big for email.
M
MarcShepherd
Sep 12, 2006
Thanks. I’ll do that.
BJ
Bob_Janusz
Sep 12, 2006
I’ve used iChat in a pinch and it worked great.

Start an iChat session, go to Buddies menu and choose Send File. Navigate to the file you want to send, click OK, and the file will be sent to the person you’re chatting with (and a link to download your file will appear in their iChat window). No matter how big the file size is, it’ll get there.

Or so they say:
<http://www.apple.com/pro/tips/hugeattachments.html>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections