Posted By
Mike_(Pop)_Earley
Jun 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi All:
New to this forum. Using PSElements 2.02 under WinXPHome w/SP2 installed. On opening Photoshop elements, pop-up tells me updates are being downloaded. However, it just hangs…….nothing ever gets downloaed and I simply cancel out of the download window to fire up Photoshop. Any recommendations for a fix?
Many thanks.
Pop

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
RobertHJones
Jun 2, 2005
Hi Pop,

"Any recommendations for a fix?"

You can turn off the automatic update. Next time you use PSE 2, go to the menu and select the edit>preferences menu item. Chose the "Adobe Online…" option and you’ll get a dialog box with a drop down selection labeled "check for updates". Select the "Never" option and click "OK".

Bob
M(
Mike_(Pop)_Earley
Jun 2, 2005
Thanks, Bob.
Will give it a go. I guess that means I will still have the option of updating "on demand" rather than "automaticaly"?

Unrelated question:
When trying to install PSE3, it halts with msg. "error 1335, can’t find file Data1.cab– Resume, Cancel, Ignore". Resume triggers same msg. Ignore moves me forward a bit till I get Internal error 2350 which then terminates install. Is Data1.cab supposed to be on install CD? If not is it downloadable from Adobe?

Appreciate your interest and very quick reply to update queery.

Pop
R
RobertHJones
Jun 3, 2005
Hi Pop,

"I guess that means I will still have the option of updating "on demand"
rather than "automaticaly"?"

Yes, that’s correct. However, PSE 2 only had a few updates at the very beginning of the product lifecycle — mosty some recipes and the jpg2000 plugin. No updates have been released for a very long time and now that PSE 3 is the current version, it’s not likely there will be any more for PSE 2.

You can also disable the automatic update in PSE 3. The control is in the Organizer preferences settings in the Windows version.

Unrelated question:
When trying to install PSE3, it halts with msg. "error 1335, can’t find
file Data1.cab– Resume, Cancel, Ignore". Resume triggers same msg. Ignore moves me forward a bit till I get Internal error 2350 which then terminates install. Is Data1.cab supposed to be on install CD? If not is it downloadable from Adobe?

The 1335 and 2350 errors mean the installer is unable to find necessary files on the CD drive.

This could be because your antivirus software is interfering — make sure the antivirus software is disabled when you do the install. Remember to reactivate the antivirus software after the install is complete.

If you get the problem even after the antivirus software is disabled, it could also be a dirty or scratched CD or it could be a problem with the installer not recognizing the cd drive properly. See if the CD needs cleaning and try viewing the CD in the Windows Explorer and see if you can locate and access this file. If the CD is good, you can copy the cd to the hard drive and do the install from the hard drive.

Try searching the Adobe Knowledge base using the keyword 1335.

A favorite Uncle went by the nickname "Pop". He passed away many years ago but I still remember him fondly.

Good luck,

Bob
M(
Mike_(Pop)_Earley
Jun 3, 2005
Many thanks for your help! Disabled auto-update as you suggested and PSE2.0 loads smoothly. Your instincts were right on: neglected to disable security software before attempting install on v.3.0. Will give that a go as well. Pop (to my kids) AKA Popster (to their kids)

PS am beginning to appreciate wealth of info in Adobe Knowledge base.
M(
Mike_(Pop)_Earley
Jun 4, 2005
Thanks, again, Bob!
You second tip was golden. 3.0 successfully installed. Now I will order the "Missing Manual" by Barbara Brundage from Amazon. Soon (hopefully) will be sharing/"playing forward" tips as well as asking for help.
God Bless,
Pop
BM
Beryl_MacPherson
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Pop
I have elements 3, which gives me a message to download updates, however I have the same problem as you. It keeps running on and nothing happening.Has anyone any solutions.
Beryl
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jun 8, 2005
Beryl,

The solutions given should work in Elements 3 as well …

Wendy
M(
Mike_(Pop)_Earley
Jun 9, 2005
Hi Beryl:
Suggest you follow Wendy’s lead directly above. If it worked for PSE2, strongly suspect it will also solve your problem. Currently "toying" w/"test" version of PSE3 which seems to take a long time to fully load, but test version mercifully is silent re: "updates". Clock is ticking and I have about 24 days to decide to stay w/v.2 or pay to upgrade to v3.
Good luck,
Pop

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections