Posted By
Robert_Tish
Jun 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello:

As long as I’ve owned Photoshop Elements II, download updates worked routinely on my broadband setup. However, starting several weeks ago, I can no longer download updates. This is the only application where I have that problem. I can download patches/updates for all other software applications.

Any thoughts?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 4, 2005
I always hate to break this news to people, but you’ve never gotten an update for PSE 2.0. 🙁 At this point, there won’t be any, either. Assuming the application opens, go to Edit>Preferences>Adobe Online and set the frequency to Never. If the app will not complete a launch, disconnect your computer from the internet, change the preference setting, and then reconnect.

As far as I’ve been able to tell, what all of us were seeing each time the app opened was some kind of routine where there were "verifications" of some sort being made. I never understood it well enough to be able to explain it, but the whole process can be safely eliminated.
RT
Robert_Tish
Jun 4, 2005
Hello Beth:

Thanks for the clarification.

Robert
KF
Kay_Falke
Jun 10, 2005
Beth Haney is a life saver. All of a sudden I could not boot Adobe photo shop elements 2 because of the inquiry for updates that would "hang it up". It would be nice if the vendor offered offered this support but for people like you problem solutions can be found. By the By I had to disconnect the Internet to accomplish the preference change. Thanks again.
Kay

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections