AH
Posted By
Anthony_Hagarty
Oct 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When working at largish magnification on a image, if I change tools the screen will freeze and I have to reboot.
For example, if I am working with a brush and then change to clone tool, if I reduce the image magnification before I change, then no problem but if I forget and just change the tool and if the new tool is set to a previous size and consequently displays at that size I get a freeze as soon as I attempt to use it. If I reduce magnification before I change and set the size of the new tool and then zoom everything is fine.
Any explanations and/or advice is welcome.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 3, 2006
If you’d like to post your system specs (delete the serial number) we’ll see if we can determine the cause.

LenHewitt, "How To Get Help Quickly" #, 4 Mar 2004 8:27 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>
L
LenHewitt
Oct 3, 2006
Anthony,

That sounds like a video driver problem. As a diagnostic, turn down hardware acceleration to zero. If that helps it indicates you need an updated video driver for your vid.card.
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 3, 2006
Also see: Computer locks up, shuts down, or reboots while running Photoshop <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.ef47fb1/2>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections