CB
Posted By
charles badland
Oct 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know of any special use restrictions of the Education Version of Photoshop? Macromedia education products have clear restrictions prohibiting their use for commercial purposes. “…Education versions cannot be used for any commercial purpose. A commercial purpose is any revenue-generating activity beyond an educational institution’s usual and customary educational activities.”

Adobe has clear information as to who qualifies for purchase of the Education Version of Photoshop, but I can’t find any use restrictions specific to their educational products.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Oct 3, 2006
Charles,

Since Adobe’s policy would let you upgrade from an educational version to a full version when there’s an upgrade, at least up until the time of the Macromedia acquisition which is causing Adobe to change their EULAs, I don’t see why they would restrict the use of the educational version.

But now it’s a different ball game.

You’ll need an answer from Adobe’s legal department.
B
Buko
Oct 3, 2006
In the past Adobe has always acknowledged that students become working productive members of society and have had no restrictions on their products.

for an answer to this question call customer service.
CB
charles badland
Oct 3, 2006
Yes… But I might not get the answer I want! (and… I’m not sure customer service will necessarily have the right answer… if their source is the mish-mash of Adobe and Macromedia information I’ve been looking through.)

I can’t find that restriction in the EULA of the Adobe products I bought. And, I assume, a EULA can’t be unilaterally changed after a product purchase. Plus I had never heard of this until recently. So for now I’ll keep telling the kids they can use (and upgrade) their Adobe products purchased at school in the “real world”, but not the Macromedia programs.

(and, off topic, while looking around Adobe.com for this info, I was stunned how SLOW the Cold Fusion sections of their site are… not good when you’re trying to sell that product.)
B
Buko
Oct 3, 2006
I was stunned how SLOW the Cold Fusion sections of their site are.

you are not the only one.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 3, 2006
ColdFusion? It’s FrozenFusion.

FrozenFusion, combined with the totally inappropriate use of Flash, has made the formerly wonderful Adobe Studio Exchange unusable.

Both Users of, and Contributors to, the Exchange have been up in arms about the changes for several weeks now but the FrozenFusion/MacroMess people, who dumped this atrocity on us, are seemingly too stubborn to admit that they have made a major mistake.

All that we are asking is that they should put the Exchange back to exactly as it was before they wrecked it.

For a sample of the reaction, see:
<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.ef32d01/>
CB
charles badland
Oct 3, 2006
For anyone interested, Scott Weichert quickly found this FAQ (that I missed after half an hour searching) that clears it up. It’s ok to use Adobe Education Products after graduation for commercial work.
<http://www.adobe.com/education/purchasing/faq.html>
SW
Scott_Weichert
Oct 5, 2006
🙂 It’s in the Legal folder of the Photoshop Installation. Item 14.6 then click the FAQ after clicking the link in the legal file.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections