MB
Posted By
Mike Bedgood
Oct 5, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am working on a PowerMac G5 with 4 gigs ram running Photoshop CS2.

When I design a document the text is visable, but when I go back and have to do a text change the text disappears when I click on it with the text tool.

I have trashed the Prefs and re-installed the program. I followed the directions on the disk for re-installing, is there anything I could have missed? Has anybody else ran across this?

Thanks

Mike Bedgood

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Oct 5, 2006
What is the size of the text?

What is the leading?

what is the ppi of the file?
MB
Mike Bedgood
Oct 5, 2006
The size of text varies, it has ahppened at 50 pt, 150 pt and higher.

The kerning is auto.

The ppi is 100.

The problem also persists if we change work stations. It is like the problem goes with the document.
B
Buko
Oct 5, 2006
What is the leading not kerning?

look at the settings after you click on the text are they what you think they should be?

check the ppi of the file has it changed somehow?
MB
Mike Bedgood
Oct 5, 2006
Leading is normal, nothing stand out there. One thing that stands out is the color box in the charactor window, when I select the layer there is a color in the color box, but when I click on the text with the text tool a question mark appears in the color box. The text remains hidden until I click on the color box and change the color, then it reappears until I click on the text with the text tool again, then we are back to where we started.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 5, 2006
Have you tried trashing your Photoshop Prefs.?
MB
Mike Bedgood
Oct 5, 2006
Yes. Prefs have been trashed.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 5, 2006
Try selecting the Type with the Type tool; and changing the color swatch in the Options Bar; hitting Enter; and then resaving the file. Perhaps even Saving As to a new name?

Or is there a problem with the font itself? Does it work with a different font?
PT
Phil_Taz
Oct 5, 2006
Sounds like you have pretty large type in a small area, is it just too big to fit the text area when in the default (replacement) font? If it is only disappearing at large sizes that would be normal behaviour in a text *area* as opposed to a plain text layer….If a character wont fit in the text area, the whole line of text will disappear.
Try double clicking on the text icon in the layers palette and command-a and shrink the font size and see if it reappears.
Don’t know about the question mark though, unless you have multiple colours in the text and you are selecting it all.
MB
Mike Bedgood
Oct 6, 2006
Afternoon Ann,

Thanks for all the response, I really appreciate it.

We have tried different fonts and the same happens with all faces, it seems like this problem occurs at a certain time in the design process, we are trying to replicate the instance when it does occur. We have also moved all the elements into a now PS document and saved the file, that has appeared to work so far, the text in the original file disappears when we click on it.

Mike

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections