T
Posted By
tituphome
Mar 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I must be missing something so simple. (I am new as you see) I have two pictures of people that I want to make into one picture with each person side by side. I open the first and bring to my work area. I widen the work area and open the second picture and it creates a new work area. How do I get them on the same work area?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Mar 5, 2004
Drag second pic into first (with move tool selected).

Mac
T
tituphome
Mar 5, 2004
Thank You. Do I have to create a layer before I move the second picutre? I want to create a feathered oval around each picture separately so they look better side by side. I assume each oval will also have to be a separate layer and size the oval according to each side of the picture somehow.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Mar 5, 2004
The act of dragging one picture onto another will automatically create the layer.

With respect to the feathered ovals, you can do that on separate layers or a single layer. I presume you’ll start with a layer that’s full of a single color, then "punch out" the ovals by using the oval selection marquee with an appropriate feather value and then delete the portion inside the oval. One of several ways to do it.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Mar 5, 2004
Another way is to use a Fill Layer with Solid color. Once you have it in place over the picture you want to show, reduce the opacity of the fill layer so you can see the picture below. Use the Elliptical marquee tool to define the area you want to show, add the feather value (Select>Feather) then, making sure that the Fill layer is active, fill the elliptical selection with black. You’re putting a hole in the mask created with the Fill Layer. You can repeat the steps on the same fill layer to create the second oval selection. When you’re finished cutting out the holes, raise the opacity of the Fill layer back to 100%.
T
tituphome
Mar 5, 2004
This forum is so awesome!! I just can’t wait until this weekend to get started and try all these cool things. Thanks for all your help and I am sure I will post again.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections