MM
Posted By
Mark_Mess
Aug 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Having a problem mainly with highlights in our portrait printing. We are getting patchy pink highlights with abrupt shifts to the mid tones. Colors are a match to the monitor.

This wasn’t happening in CS3, but that Mac G4 is currently being serviced. We are temporally using another Mac with CS2 to get by. Same exact work flow with both:10.4.11 OS, all current updates, Calibrated monitor, custom paper profile, photoshop manages color, no color adjustment selected in Epson driver. But two different results?

We can get by with letting the printer manage colors and setting the driver to the Epson 1.8(sRGB) standard as suggested by Epson Tech. This was the work around that we used in PS7 when we upgraded from the 7600 to the 7800 and had the same problem. What am I missing??? Why is it happening again in CS2 and not in CS3?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PF
Peter_Figen
Aug 21, 2008
Are you setting the 7800 as your default printer?
MM
Mark_Mess
Aug 21, 2008
I feel much smarter now! It seems to have fixed the problem. After testing PS7, CS2 I’m able to recreate and fix it. Thanks so much Peter!

We started using a color laser printer and put everything on a network about the time we first encountered the problem. Now I know what caused it…can you explain why this happens? Very curious!
PF
Peter_Figen
Aug 21, 2008
I don’t know why it is, just that it was a bug that was revealed about a year ago. I had similar problems with my 9800 and could not for the life of me figure out the cause. I had Epson telling me it was the humidity. I had Chromix telling me to put the UV filter on my Spectrolino, and it all came down to the default printer. Not sure exactly where I read about it first, but I’m glad that one more person now knows.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections