Posted By
Bruce_Green
Oct 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all

I am printing black and white images on an epson R2400 on archival matt epson paper. On some images i am getting an interesting but unwanted effect. Photos were taken on a Nikon D300 in raw format. ISO ranged from 200 to 800.

In dark black regions of the photo i am getting what appears to look like a solarizing effect in the black regions. This is noticeable on the computer screen too though not as pronounced as the final print.

Can anyone suggest what i am doing wrong or how i might be able to correct or lesson this effect in photoshop.

Thanks for your consideration

Regards Bruce

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Oct 11, 2008
Bruce,

Details are needed. What exact version of the OS and Photoshop?

What type of files? What bit depth, 8 or 16 bit? What color space?

(Hope you are using RGB images, not 1-bit b&w images.) Did you download the latest Epson driver?

Which target (printer) profile? Which black ink?

Sorry, but I keep forgetting to pick up my clairvoyant and mind reader caps from the cleaners. 😉
X
xlinux
Oct 12, 2008
;9214423 Wrote:
Hi all

I am printing black and white images on an epson R2400 on archival matt epson paper. On some images i am getting an interesting but unwanted effect. Photos were taken on a Nikon D300 in raw format. ISO ranged from 200 to 800.

In dark black regions of the photo i am getting what appears to look like a solarizing effect in the black regions. This is noticeable on the computer screen too though not as pronounced as the final print.
Can anyone suggest what i am doing wrong or how i might be able to correct or lesson this effect in photoshop.

Thanks for your consideration

Regards Bruce

What version of Photoshop is this on?

xlinux
———————————————————— ———— xlinux’s Profile: http://nettechguide.com/forums/member.php?u=322 View this thread: http://nettechguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2243172

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections