JW
Posted By
jam_wood
Oct 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Im designing a website in Photoshop and using Slice tool and ‘Save for web and devices’ to save my design in pieces.

The problem im having is that Im my menu items will turn bold when you hover your mouse over them. If I change the text to bold to save the same slices as images again, the text becomes wider and is moved out of position.

I could get round this by separating each menu item into individual text boxes and aligning them but this would be time consuming to update if I changed the font/ size.

I also want my saved images to have the same amount of ‘padding’ around them and at the moment im having to guess this by eye.

Does photoshop have any features to get round these problems? thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

SW
Scott_Weichert
Oct 13, 2008
Unfortunately no. Not since Adobe killed Imageready. If you have Imageready CS2 the Web Content Panel would make this processes much easier. With CS3 and Photoshop, new layers is the most reliable solution even if it is time consuming. Thanks Adobe.

To make things easier you should ensure your text is center aligned, that way when it is bolded it will extend left and right rather than just one direction.
PM
Paul M Norman
Oct 13, 2008
Photoshop doesn’t – but that’s how Adobe gets you to buy Fireworks. 😉
JW
jam_wood
Oct 14, 2008
Are their any good Fireworks tutorials anywhere online so I can see if its worth investing?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 14, 2008
Try Lynda.com
NT
Nini Tj
Oct 14, 2008
Do a google search for Fireworks tutorials. Follow the resulting links.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections