SR
Posted By
Stacy_Real
May 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I saved a rather large scan of artwork as jpg and now i cannot open it i keep getting a message that says "could not open because unknown/invalid jpg marker type is found". I do not have the original art anymore and would rather not loose this file. Can any one help me? I saved it will Adobe photoshop elements but it will not open with any other imaging program i have either.
Stacy

pentium 3 750mhz 300 something ram

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
May 10, 2004
What other pieces of software have you tried? Irfanview is free and will often open these images that other programs have taken a dislike to. If you’re able to get it open, immediately do a Save As to another format.
RM
Ron_Minler
May 10, 2004
Some images that are jpeg seem to have the incorrect extension in XP. I have had this many times and the solution for me was as Beth said open it in Irfanview and then save as jpeg again and it works. Here’s the link for Irfanview if you don’t have it.
<http://www.irfanview.com/>
Ron

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections