AT
Posted By
Anne_Twitchell
May 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have moved the Hidden Power Type Control tools folder into the Effects folder of PSE2. These tools were contained on the CD that came with the April issue of Digital Photography Techniques. According to the instructions I should now "delete the Effects Cache". However, I can’t find it. On the Browser if I click More-> a menu appears which has Purge Cache at the bottom of the list. Is this what I should click on? When I do, I get a warning: "All previously generated thumbnails and metadata will be deleted. Continue?" Where do I go from here?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mark_Reibman
May 12, 2004
Anne,

That sounds like where the Mend tool was placed. Why don’t you take that to the Hidden Powers forum (also, you’re the first I’ve heard refer to the CD with the Digital Photography Techiniques magazine and I don’t know what tools are on it)

<http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144>
PA
Patti_Anderson
May 12, 2004
You can’t do it inside Elements. You need to close it and then navigate to the folder itself. When you delete this Effects cache and restart Elements, it will build a new one picking up the new "stuff" you added. Are you using Windows? Open Windows Explorer and look for the Effects cache here:

For Windows PC
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2\Previews\Cache\Effects Cache

For Mac’s:
Applications\Adobe Photoshop Elements 2\ Previews\Cache\Effects Cache

I just did this yesterday for something else, so it’s still fresh in my mind. 🙂

Patti
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 12, 2004
Anne,

You’ll find the cache here : Photoshop Elements \ Previews \ Cache \ Effects Cache \

And Mark is right, questions regarding Hidden Power should be asked on the other forum.

Ray
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 12, 2004
Sorry, Patti was faster than me 🙂

Ray
PA
Patti_Anderson
May 12, 2004
Mark is right. We’re really supposed to ask Hidden Elements questions on the retouchpro.com forum. I shoulda directed you there too. 🙂

Patti
AT
Anne_Twitchell
May 12, 2004
Thanks, Patti and Ray. No problem when you know how. Thanks also for the info about retouchpro.com forum. I tried to ask the question through the Hidden Power web site, but it wouldn’t take it. I learn something every day thanks to all the wonderful people on the PSE Forum.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections