SB
Posted By
Steve_Burgett
May 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am getting the following message when I click the OK button in the Save for Web window: Could not complete this operaton because an assertion has failed.

I have used this option before with no error message. I am on a PC with XP Pro and a AMD processor. All other requirements are more than met. I have re-installed Elements 2.0 with no positive results.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MM
Mac_McDougald
May 17, 2004
Try holding down Control+Alt as you click SaveForWeb.
Delete SFW preferences.

Mac
SB
Steve_Burgett
May 17, 2004
I had already tried this but it appears that the control key is being picked up as a shortcut. As soon as I hit it, the file menu screen dissappears. This may actually be deleting the SFW preferences, but it had no effect. I am still getting the error. Thanks anyway.
BG
Byron Gale
May 17, 2004
Steve,

I think that you’ll have to use the Save For Web icon on the shortcut toolbar in order to do the delete preferences key-combo.

Hold down CTRL-ALT and then click the icon.

Not sure if deleting preferences will cure your original complaint, but at least this will allow you to successfully delete the prefs.

Byron
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 17, 2004
Control+Alt, THEN, File/Save For Web works fine for me…

Mac
SB
Steve_Burgett
May 17, 2004
IT WORKED! I had to hold down the mouse button to keep the menu open, and drag down to the SFW option, but it fixed my problem. I’m new to this software, in case you hadn’t noticed. Thank you for your help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections