May 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
PSD.

Mac

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MM
Mac_McDougald
May 18, 2004
Actually, TIFF will do it also, but sometimes a much larger file.

Mac
DG
David G House
May 18, 2004
Quiestion…

I am sure there is but I don’t know it… How do I save my work when I am using Layers so I can go back at another time.

David
MR
Mark_Reibman
May 19, 2004
Mac is famous for his economy of speech.

To elaborate just a little. If you are working in layers and you save or save as, it automatically creates a psd file, with all your layers and when you reopen it your layers will still be there for you continue further work.

I guess it works as TIFF as well, but psd is default.
DG
David G House
May 19, 2004
LOL….. thanks Mark…..

David
CS
Chuck_Snyder
May 19, 2004
Mark, FYI – PSD is default unless you start with a TIFF, which my RAW images convert to in Canon or third-party software. If you start with TIFF and add layers, it will give you a Save As: screen with TIFF as the default. I save most as TIFF and have seen very little difference in size vs. PSD. Advantage of TIFF fileis that more viewers can interpret and display than PSD file.

Chuck

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections