CK
Posted By
charlene_kenna
Jun 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
when I open a photo in CS2 it will not let me "save as" and sometimes not "save" either. I have deleted preferences (settings file) by holding down shift,CTL,ALT when opening CS2, then when I open a photo it lets me save again… but then stops working again.

I have noticed that if I change my color setting from sRGB to adobe RGB(1998) it stops saving and I have to delete the prefernce settings again, and so on. The whole program freezes, nothing works at this point..if I click on file, edit, etc, it just makes a "ding" sound…until I shut it down in Task manager and re-open CS2 by holding shift,CTL,ALT again and deleting the settings AGAIN, this goes on over and over..

version photoshop CS2 9.0.2 ?, sony laptop 1G RAM 120G of space(only half is used) windows vista…

NOTE: this computer and CS2 was used together for a month before this started happening, all I know that I have done different is change the Color setting to adobe RGB(1998) about a few weeks ago, then this…(co-incidence?)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Jun 5, 2007
CS2 is not supported on Vista…Only CS3 is Vista Ready
WA
William_A._Lewin
Jun 5, 2007
Open letter to MS

I’m finished with MS products! Vista is the end of a long commitment by my company to MS products and OS’s. I own a small (20 year old) business with 5 computers all windows based with MS office software. My first computer was a Ti994A and I had to write most of the software I used. I have always bought MS products and enjoyed the price advantage it offered over MAC products. That advantage has evaporated. After my purchases of a new HP computer with Vista home premium with no free MS or OEM support for a flawed product, I’m Finished with MS. my next replacement purchase will be a MAC and I will avoid all MS products like the plaque. They rushed a flawed OS to the market & MS and the OEM’s are sucking in the 59$ a pop for support calls, Shame on Them. I was forced by a monopoly to buy an OS that was poorly conceived and flawed (no other OS’s were available on new computers). I had to get tech support from Adoby (a trusted site) to download Elements 5.0. They have wasted my productive time and money trying to get the OS to operate in a multi OS networked business environment. I called MS and HP support and asked to talk to a supervisor and in both cases was transferred to a ringing phone until the line disconnected. I am writing a letter to the MD State & US attorney General and US congress and senators requesting action and relief on the behalf of consumers like me. I think this is a watershed moment for MS, it will ether rise to address the problems with Vista or lose its reputation and massive market
WE
Wolf_Eilers
Jun 5, 2007
Open letter to MS

This has what to do with the original topic?

And does "Vista home premium" seem an incorrect fit for "a multi OS networked business environment"? I wouldn’t know — I’m sticking with XP Pro for a while yet.
I
ID._Awe
Jun 5, 2007
WAL: I will certainly have opinions on this shortly. My new computer parts will be arriving later this week (wouldn’t trust a pre-build company to get it right) and will be building a new work-station with Vista Ultimate 64 OEM.

Yes, quite a leap of faith, but I did my homework before I placed my parts order. Warned my clients I will be down for two days while I ready it for production work.

Hmmmm, the fun will begin. When this is done, I will be setting up some web pages concerning my set-up and try to address as many hardware ‘issues’ that have cropped up on this forum.

I have shaved my head in preparation for this, it hurts when I pull my hair out.
CC
Charlie_Choc
Jun 5, 2007
Open letter to MS

You nee Vista Business or Ultimate to do what you want re: networking. —
Charlie…
http://www.chocphoto.com
I
ID._Awe
Jun 5, 2007
WAL: Apple rushed a flawed OSX to market, you should really do your homework.

MS updates their products for free, to update OSX you have to purchase the update with ‘cool’ names like ‘Panther’ to make you feel better. What a bunch-o-pussies.
CC
Charlie_Choc
Jun 5, 2007
Before I upgraded to CS3 I used CS2 on Vista Ultimate with various color spaces and it worked fine. In the ‘file’ dialog box do you have the "use OS dialog" box checked? The "use Adobe dialog" feature doesn’t work for me in Vista, at least it didn’t in CS2 and I haven’t tried in CS3.

Charlie…
CK
charlene_kenna
Jun 5, 2007
I dont see these boxes to check, unless I am looking in the wrong place…?
CC
Charlie_Choc
Jun 5, 2007
I dont see these boxes to check, unless I am looking in the wrong place…?

Select ‘file’ and then ‘open’, ‘save’, etc and you should see a button on the lower left part of the dialog box that opens showing the files. —
Charlie…
CK
charlene_kenna
Jun 5, 2007
also when I delete prefernce files by holding Shift,CTL,ALT when strting CS2 files work fine(because sRGB is default color) I know there is a way to get rid of preference file manually c\user\user profile\library\preferences…etc but I have NO LIBRARY!!! unless these instructions were for a mac or windows xp , I have VISTA, what is the file name for the preference file in vista, cs2 ??
C
ChrissyOne
Jun 5, 2007
"MS updates their products for free, to update OSX you have to purchase the update with ‘cool’ names like ‘Panther’ to make you feel better. What a bunch-o-pussies. "

This is total hogwash. OS X security and bug-fix updates are free. Learn facts before posting.
CK
charlene_kenna
Jun 5, 2007
when I get the "SAVE as" to open (which is only done by making sure the color setting is sRGB) I see that I am using the OS dialog already. do you know the preference file name for Cs2 in vista by any chance…cant find it, maybe thats my problem
JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 5, 2007
See your other thread.
CC
Charlie_Choc
Jun 5, 2007
do you know the preference file name for Cs2 in vista by any chance…cant find it, maybe thats my problem

Look in "’user’/AppData/Roaming/Adobe Photoshop CS2/Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings". At least that’s where the CS3 data is (substituting CS3 for CS2 of course).

Charlie…
CK
charlene_kenna
Jun 5, 2007
Thanks Charlie, I found it…I will try to change the pref. file name, then reopen CS2 (makes a new pref. file) if that doesnt work, I will upgrade to CS3 I guess. Its troubling, because other people have no problem with cs2 and vista…?
I
ID._Awe
Jun 7, 2007
ChrissyOne: Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger $129 (from Apple site). Uh what you said.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections