TO
Posted By
thomas_o_brien
Dec 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
is there any way to turn off brush previews (clone stamp and healing brush)

its driving me crazy… much slower than before and very distracting. if you use a wacom tablet and control the size of the brush with pressure the preview is useless and covers up the areas you want to paint over with a giant brush (when i only paint with a tiny one with very little pressure)

really hope i can shut these previews off.. considering switching back to cs3 its bothering me so much.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 16, 2008
Check the kind of Painting Cursors you have chosen in Preferences.

In the Clone Source Panel’s fly-out menu, you need to check: "Clip to Brush Tip".

If you don’t want to see the cloning previews at all (which I happen to find useful) you can turn them off — also in the Clone Source Panel’s fly-out menu
P
PShock
Dec 16, 2008
In the Clone source panel, UNcheck "Show Overlay".

I find the overlay mode useful – sometimes. For lining up elements, it’s great but for general spotting, it’s just in the way. As Thomas suggests, it doesn’t take into account size control with a tablet and thus, prevents the ability to use a larger than required healing brush.

-phil

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections