Posted By
Federico_Penta
Apr 26, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello
i’ve just downloaded the trial version of CS3 but when i open it, the installer tells me: the installation can not continue until the following applications are not closed: Internet Explorer.
Please close the applications listed above and click try again

After checking the Task Manager, I see that iexplore.exe is running, but attempts to end it fail.

waiting for help
thanks
Federico

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RB
Robert_Barnett
Apr 26, 2007
Have you tried rebooting? Maybe it got hung up, but hidden the last time you used it?

Robert
AI
alan_ingham
Apr 27, 2007
Are you sure it’s a TRIAL version because as far as I am aware NO downloadable trial version exists yet. I checked on the Adobe site under Downloads and CS3 is not listed which didn’t suprise me really because it usually takes between 6-8 weeks after the full version is released for them to release downloadable trial versions of the product.
I think you may have downloaded the beta version and this has been ‘timed out’ due to the full version now having been released.
DS
don_solomon
Apr 27, 2007
Actually,

You can chose to run CS3 as a trial for thirty days, or you can register immediately. I presume that is so someone can take advantage of the 30 day money back trial without actually activating it.
B
Buko
Apr 27, 2007
He said he just downloaded the trial. There is no trial yet.

So it must be the Beta. But Adobe has removed the Beta.

So where did he get it?

Also the Beta will stop working May 4th (So I’ve heard).
AI
alan_ingham
Apr 27, 2007
Yes Don – please let us all in on the secret 🙂
FP
Federico_Penta
Apr 27, 2007
oh sorry guys my brother said that he bought it and i knew nothing about it!I thought it was the beta version. Anyway, yeah i rebooted the system and scanned with Ad-Aware but it’s still not working:S
FP
Federico_Penta
May 2, 2007
doesn’t anybody know a solution?!=(
DS
don_solomon
May 2, 2007
Yes, but it obviously differs from person to person.

There is no one solution. Period. Too many variables from machine to machine.

For me the secret was to not use the damned script with all the warnings in it. I used it the first time around, and it did not work. I resstored my drive image, did it the second time without the script and it worked.

But, that has not worked universally by any means.

The problem is with the install code for CS3–it obviously is too touchy and needs further work.
FP
Federico_Penta
May 6, 2007
what do you suggest me then?
DS
don_solomon
May 6, 2007
There have been a lot of suggetions and some individual solutions found, and most of those can be read in the various threads on installation failure. I think if it were me, I would start with trying Gorodek’s solution:

"Cannot install Photoshop CS3 – Installer just dissappeared

Chayuth Pirotesak – 03:04am Apr 21, 2007 Pacific

I have an issue installing Photoshop CS3 as follow:

I have removed all Photoshop CS3 Beta manually (Use control panel, deleted files and registries) as instructed in this web and get rid of all thing involved Adobe out of my computer.

When I clicked Setup.exe, a setup windows with progressive bar (See in <http://www.thetaforce.com/image/cs3installer.jpg> ) appeared shortly and then disappear!
Then nothing is happenned further. No error message. It just disappeared. I wait for an hour but nothing happened.

I tried to run Windows in clean mode (msconfig -> disable unneccessary services) and also disable Antivirus and Firewall etc. But this problem persists.

I’m running Windows Vista Home Premium (32Bit) and have Intel Centrino Duo 2.0GHz with 1.5GB of Ram (DDR2) and 100GB HDD. Graphic shared Intel 945GM Express Chipset.

———————————————————— ——————– Messages 79 messages. Displaying 59 through 61.
First Previous Next Last Show All Messages

gorodek – 8:49am May 1, 07 PST (#59 of 79) Edited: 01-May-2007 at 08:57am

Background:
It took me a few hours to roughly figure out what happens on my system and till now I’m still not absolutely sure why the error appears, but certainly Javascript, IE and the Adobe installer are involved. To be more specific: The installer quits with an exception when javascript tries to open "window.external.ANYMETHOD". Since the problem is NOT SOLVED and only BYPASSED in the follwing steps you might want to wait for a better solution from Adobe itself (RECOMMENDED), but with this way I got all products installed and removed again.

0. This workaround is only tested on Windows XP SP2 with Adobe CS3 Design Premium. To fully complete the next steps be sure you have some experience in handling a text editor and the Windows Explorer.

1. Start the Setup as usual and let it copy over a few files and than – after a short popup – let him disappear. There shouldn’t be any other errors except the described above, otherwise you have to deal with these first (eg. run the cleanup script, if the setup complains about an allready running installation etc).

2. Now open up your Windows Explorer and go to
[C]/\[Program Files]\[Common Files]\Adobe\Installers\c14ac4070fd9614ffe63f4bb533db2c\reso urces\common\scripts
( "[]" Depending on your installation and language). Alternatively you can press [WinKey]+R and type in:
" %CommonProgramFiles%\Adobe\Installers\c14ac4070fd9614ffe63f4 bb533db2c\resources\common\scripts "

3. Locate a file called "ContainerProxy.js" in the opened Window and open it with a text editor of your choice (notepad will be adequate). Right click on the file -> Open with -> Notepad.

4. Go to line 1102 or simply search for
"jsonObj = _jsonToObject(window.external.SetSessionInitialized(initValu e)); " and replace this line with
"jsonObj = _jsonToObject(SetSessionInitialized(initValue));"

5. Save the file by pressing [Strg]+S or use the menu:
Menu -> File Save.

6. Startup up the installation process again and this time the installer shouldn’t quit and hopefully you will be able to install.

You can simply undo any changes by removing the Adobes "Installers" folder
[C][Program Files]\[Common Files]\Adobe\Installers
and run the Setup again or replace the line in Step 4 with the original one.
"jsonObj = _jsonToObject(window.external.SetSessionInitialized(initValu e)); "

If I get some time I will further examine how to reproduce and solve the problem.

HTH
gorodek
………………………………………………

If that doesn’t work, then try some of the others, but first read the threads carefully to get an idea of which ones have worked the most often.

HTH
JC
James_Crook
May 17, 2007
Hey! I finally got Photoshop installed. I quited MSN and I went to task bar and shut down the iexplorer.exe even tho it kept popping up again. and I took the net cable out then I tried and it worked 😀

Hope it works for ya too 😉

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections