N
Posted By
naitsirch79
Aug 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am embedding music into my site but I don’t want the traditional WMP embed. I would like to spruce it up with something I can make On Photoshop or something. I am imagining that you can do it with tables or what not but was wonder if there was a tute or something that could explain this further.

Also if I embed a file but have it autostart=false will it still load into the page or no? IF it does how can I get it to not load into the page until someone presses the play button???

example code EMBED SRC=TheHunted.wma AUTOSTART=true WIDTH=200 HEIGHT=25 LOOP=false

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Aug 27, 2003
I would think it would load into the page and wait to start. I’m not that familiar with embedding media player files.

I would actually recommend doing your sound in flash. You’d have more control over the design of the interface and more people would be able to play it. Not nearly as many people have media player (careful about versions too) as the flash player.

I remember once needing sound on a page and needed something quick and dirty. I ended up making a 1x1px flash file to load it.
GH
Grass Hopper
Aug 27, 2003
example code EMBED SRC=TheHunted.wma AUTOSTART=true WIDTH=200 HEIGHT=25 LOOP=false

make the AUTOSTART=false
GH
Grass Hopper
Aug 27, 2003
and you should include a console as well, so they have stop and play buttons.

for instance:

<embed src="sounds/yoursonghere" autostart=false loop=false volume=120 border=0 height=15 width=51 controls=smallconsole align=absmiddle>

the flash idea is a better one because you don’t have to deal with all the different browsers trying to interpret the <embed> tag.
N
naitsirch79
Aug 27, 2003
Got it….If somebody can make this code better please let me know….I was wondering about using winamp playlist and MP3 for more user access…

<html>
<head>
<title>Windows Media Player </title>
<script>
function openPlayer()
{
// Created by Aftab Ahmed
//
WinMPlayer.URL= "Myplaylist.wpl"
}
</script>
</head>
<body onload="openPlayer()">
<table align=center>
<tr>
<td>
<OBJECT ID="WinMPlayer"
CLASSID="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6"> <PARAM name="autoStart" value="False"> </OBJECT>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>
DM
dave milbut
Aug 27, 2003
if you want cross browser support, use both the embed and the object tags.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections