JM
Posted By
John_McLean
Jul 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If I reinstall PE2 from the CD, will all my plug-ins be retained in the plug-in folder or will I have to reinstall all of them again? If they will not be retained, is there anyway to back them up and install as a group….I have many plug-ins and do not relish a reinstall of them.

I have Richard Lynch’s early free package of actions and such installed and it substitutes for the Welcome screen…will this be retained or will the reinstall go back to the original Welcome screen setup?

Also, it has been awhile since I installed PE2 and cannot remember if there are any updates to the original disk. I seem to remember an update to 2.02 or similar sometime in the past.

A lot of questions but I do want to clean up my system and reinstalling PE2 is involved in the process.

Thanks

Jack

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NS
Nancy_S
Jul 24, 2004
John,

I would copy the folder(s) within PSE that contain your added plugins, rename it slightly and copy folder to new location. After new install of PSE, cross check renamed folder against default install folder contents and drag/drop the "extras" into appropriate PSE folder.

You will need to reinstall Lynch’s CD once you get PSE up and running.

Set the frequency to "Never" check for updates within PSE, there really haven’t been any.
JM
John_McLean
Jul 24, 2004
wrote in message
John,

I would copy the folder(s) within PSE that contain your added plugins,
rename it slightly and copy folder to new location. After new install of PSE, cross check renamed folder against default install folder contents and drag/drop the "extras" into appropriate PSE folder.
You will need to reinstall Lynch’s CD once you get PSE up and running.
Set the frequency to "Never" check for updates within PSE, there really
haven’t been any.

Thanks Nancy…worked fine. Only one Plug-in requires re-install.

Jack

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections