BB
Posted By
Bonnie_Boatman
Jul 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an E-machine with windows xe. I can get into the first page of the challenge, but when I go to the challenge photos, I am getting the photos from last week. I know the others are up because JoAn sent me an URL AND it worked and showed the newwest pictures. Howeever, when I go back into the program, it does not show the latest pictures. Help!! My computer has automatic password memory, so I don’t have to sign in each time. Could that have anything to do wiht it?????

Thanks, Bonnie

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 27, 2004
Bonnie,

Try hitting refresh (reload) a couple of times … that usually sorts it out.

Wendy
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jul 28, 2004
Control+refresh forces a fresh view from source in IE.
Also, if IE, you might set in Tools/Internet Options/General: In the Temp Internet Files section, click Settings
Tick "Every visit to page" at top.

Mac
NS
Nancy_S
Jul 28, 2004
Bonnie,

You might want to set properties for IE to automatically delete Temp. Internet files each time browser closes, you don’t need them and you are guaranteed a current view of a web page at each instance.
JJ
JoAn_J_Yost
Jul 28, 2004
sis have you deleted the cookies and temporary files lately? Sometimes that might make a difference. Jo
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jul 28, 2004
Bonnie

While deleting cookies may work for some sites it won’t on mine as I don’t use cookies … so delete away 😉 In fact I hate cookies with a passion and will not, on principal, ever use them on web sites I develop. The cause of the problem is that your browser is cashing the site. I suspect the main problem is in the thumbnail pages as their names never change. While I could avoid this by giving each page an individual name this would cause far more problems than it would solve. It is best just to refresh.

Grant

Home Pages : http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm

Photo of the Day : http://www.cavesofice.org/~grant/POD/

Challenge Pages: http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/

Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us will put out more and better ideas if our efforts are appreciated.

Alexander Osborn (1888 – 1966)

JJ
JoAn_J_Yost
Jul 28, 2004
thanks Grant. Bonnie is my younger sister, and her computer used to be mine, so I was going from memory on it. I sure hope this works for her. JoAn
LK
Leen_Koper
Jul 28, 2004
Maybe a silly question: what is an "E-machine"?

My English-Dutch dictionary dates back to 1962 (my schooldays) and at that time there still were no E-words. 😉
There is even no "computer" between "compurgation" and "comrade", only "computable, computation and to compute".

Geez, now I suppose I’m really getting old.:-)

Leen
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 29, 2004
I think it means an sort of IBM computer… Or an Apple e-mac…
JJ
JoAn_J_Yost
Jul 29, 2004
an emachine is the brand, such as Dell, or ?? I have had 4 and love them. Just keep getting larger hard drives and more stuff with them. They are a good reliable *and inexpensive* PC.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections