SV
Posted By
Sudhir_Virendra
Aug 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anybody figured out how to consecutively number the scans? If I do 10 scans in one sitting and save to My Pictures; close out. And, do another 10 in another sitting and save those, it seems to start with a new numbering sequence. Is there a way that I can start saving the second installment numbered 11 through 20?

Help with scanning using both PSA and PSE will be appreicated. Clearly, I have some option not selected right as one of the forum members has advised that he does not have this problem and his scans get consecutively numbered even if he switches off the PC.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Aug 13, 2004
Sudhir…..

I’ve not got a lot of experience with scanning but what I have noticed on my setup is that the scanning is done by the S/W that came with the scanner and not Elements. Elements just calls the scanner s/w.

Maybe you need to take a look at that.

Colin
R
RSD99
Aug 13, 2004
That’s a function of the scanner software, such as

Epson Scan
Nikon Scan
SilverFast
ViewScan
etcetera.

In order to help you further …

(1) We need to know
(a) What scanner, manufacture *and* model number
(b) What scanner software program
(c) Your computer and operating system

(2) You might have better luck asking the question in one of the USENET scanner newsgroups news:alt.comp.periphs.scanner
news:comp.periphs.scanners

wrote in message
Has anybody figured out how to consecutively number the scans? If I do 10 scans in one
sitting and save to My Pictures; close out. And, do another 10 in another sitting and save those, it seems to start with a new numbering sequence. Is there a way that I can start saving the second installment numbered 11 through 20?
Help with scanning using both PSA and PSE will be appreicated. Clearly, I have some
option not selected right as one of the forum members has advised that he does not have this problem and his scans get consecutively numbered even if he switches off the PC.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Aug 13, 2004
Scanning and saving to file is a function of your scanner interface software.

Scanning into Elements (or any other program) uses TWAIN (usually) or a plugin function (sometimes for Macintosh). In either case, used this way, you must save the scans manually.

One "hybrid" is a scanner interface called VueScan, which is NOT TWAINable, it saves the files according to whatever naming scheme you set yourself, but is able to open the scans after saving in the imaging application of your choice.

There is also one other "independent" scanner software called SilverFast, but not sure exactly how it functions.

The point is, though, that numbering/naming files is NOT a function of Elements.

Mac

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections