pdf slideshow from PS CS4 – not bridge/output!

HM
Posted By
h_m_uk
Feb 6, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know if I can get it back in the automate settings, perhaps as a legacy function?

I’ve just downloaded the PS CS4 and LR2 trials (and using the beta LR2.2 and beta ACR) as my PS CS2 and old raw plugin don’t open my new cameras images.
imho I don’t think they’ve really thought it through from a workflow pov, I provide both contacts and a pdf slideshow to my clients. If I use the bridge/output method for both on every job – and all the swapping over of the options that entails I will be smacking my head off the nearest wall after a couple of days.
The bridge/output also limits my choices severely – I thought the idea of upgrading was to IMPROVE functionality……… I’m not usually a grumbler, but I’m about to pay an upgrade price of nearly a grand (in £’s – not $!) essentially for a lovely raw plugin and nice LR2 web galleries – it’s not looking like a particularly good deal 🙁
I’ve found the "PS CS4 goodie" folder on the adobe site and installed the contact sheet II option into the automate area – it’s just not practical for me to have a set of contacts in pdf format, it’s definitely a step backwards for me.
I’d hoped for an improvement, with options to include a title, date etc – but nope. I’m also not happy with the pdf slideshow in bridge/output – I miss the compression options, I often need to keep them small on the file front – whilst keeping the screen looking good (150ppi compression works well) – which I don’t have the ability to do this in cs4, constraining to screen size choices with a "high" or "low" option is useless to me. I just don’t get it – this is pro software – with a pro price – is it too much to ask for more pro workflow considerations? Come on Adobe, play the game……
Apologies for the rambling rant and general grumpiness – all help & suggestions very much appreciated 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections